Martin de Candre Citrus Shaving Soap boasts all the usual hallmarks - generous, unctuous, soft lather and deliciously fragrant. This citrus (or 'agrumes') shaving soap has the unparalleled freshness of lemon, grapefruit, and bergamot - fragile, subtle notes that can sometimes prove difficult to harmonise for a perfumer, but pulled off here with aplomb using only essential oils. A shave to savour.
Traditionally made using the Marseilles or Hot Process method, Martin de Candre Citrus Shaving Soap generates a rich and warm lather when used with a shaving brush and hot water. The lather protects the skin and softens the beard while providing an extremely close shave.
Advice from Martin de Candre on how to achieve the best possible shave:
- Thoroughly wash your face with warm water for a couple of minutes.
- Always rinse your shaving brush well under warm water after each use and gently flick out the excess water. Too much water and the lather will become runny and will dry out too quickly when applied to face.
- Brush the shaving soap in a circular, whisking motion with the shaving brush until a rich lather forms. Do not press down on the bristles, as this may damage the brush - simply move in quick circular motions.
- Now use the brush to apply the lather to your beard in small, gentle, circular motions or in gentle painting motions. Experiment until you produce a good lather.
- When finished, quickly rinse the shaving soap bowl-like container under cold water to remove excess foam. Invert bowl so as to let soap drain and dry. Soap dries best when bowl is left open.
A good shaving soap used along with a shaving brush provides an extremely close shave making you feel clean and comfortable. Now the once mundane task of shaving turns into a morning treat!
Free Australia wide delivery on order over $30